Critical Illnesses like cancer used to be just advance stage coverage, and by the time it was found out and diagnosed, the survival rate would have dropped. In Singapore, 1 out of 10 stroke patients are below the age of 50.
Since 2010 to 2015, cancer has spiked increasingly by an astounding 17% and everyday 36 people are diagnosed with cancer in Singapore. Cancer is now the top critical illness in Singapore . And this was all done “despite certain cancers being preventable if people choose healthier lifestyles and drop bad habits.” (source: Straits Times)
With the advancement of technology coupled more savviness as well as awareness, more people are going for regular health checks (you should!) to detect early any illnesses that may arise and treat it. However, despite this information, many have not even heard of early stage critical illness protection.
The Aviva My Early Critical Illness plan is a plain vanilla stand-alone critical illness plan that covers from early to intermediate to advance stage. Read on to find out more!
Aviva MyEarly Product Features and Benefits at a Glance
Get 100% upfront lump sum payout
..of up to $250,000 for any one of the covered Critical Illnesses at the early, intermediate or severe stage
- Get Special Benefit for 18 medical conditions – an additional payout of 20% capped at $25,000 of the Critical Illness Benefit sum assured for selected medical conditions without compromising the Critical Illness Benefit or Death Benefit
- Claim up to 6 times for different medical conditions covered under Special Benefit
(1) to (10) will be up to a maximum age of 85.
- Diabetic Complications
- Angioplasty & Other Invasive Treatment for Coronary Artery
- Osteoporosis with Fractures
- Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic Adrenal Insuiciency (Addison’s Disease)
- Chronic Relapsing Pancreatitis
- Hysterectomy due to Cancer
- Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever
- Wilson’s Disease
(11) to (18) will be up to a maximum age of 18.
- Severe Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (Stills Disease)
- Severe Haemophilia
- Rheumatic Fever with Valvular Impairment
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus
- Kawasaki Disease
- Glomerulonephritis with Nephrotic Syndrome
- Type I Juvenile Spinal Amyotrophy
Comprehensive Critical Illness Covered
|1. Cancer and Carcinoma in-situ||26. Loss of Speech due to Neurological Disease and Permanent (or Temporary) Tracheostomy|
|2. Heart Attack of Specified Severity*||27. Major and Mild Burns|
|3. Cardiomyopathy||28. Major Organ / Bone Marrow Transplantation|
|4. Specified Surgical Procedures of the Cardiovascular System||29. Multiple Sclerosis|
|5. Stroke*||30. Muscular Dystrophy|
|6. Specified Surgical Procedures of Central Nervous System||31. Viral Encephalitis|
|7. Coronary Artery By-pass Surgery and Other Specified Cardiac Procedures||32. Parkinson’s Disease|
|8. Nephrectomy||33. Surgery to Aorta|
|9. Kidney Failure or Chronic Kidney Disease||34. Alzheimer’s Disease / Dementia|
|10. Aplastic Anaemia*||35. Motor Neurone Disease|
|11. Reversible Aplastic Anaemia and Myelodysplastic Syndrome or Myelofibrosis||36. Pulmonary Hypertension|
|12. Blindness (Loss of Sight) or Optic Nerve Atrophy with Low Vision||37. HIV due to Blood Transfusion, Assault, Organ Transplant & Occupationally Acquired HIV|
|13. Severe Asthma||38. Benign Brain Tumor*|
|14. Surgical Removal of One Lung||39. Bacterial Meningitis|
|15. End Stage Lung Disease*||40. Facial Re-constructive Surgery|
|16. End Stage Liver Failure*||41. Cervical Spinal Cord Injury|
|17. Liver Surgery||42. Major Head Trauma*|
|18. Liver Cirrhosis||43. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus|
|19. Coma||44. Paralysis (Loss of Use of Limbs)*|
|20. Severe Epilepsy||45. Terminal Illness*|
|21. Deafness (Loss of Hearing)*||46. Progressive Scleroderma|
|22. Partial Loss of Hearing||47. Apallic Syndrome*|
|23. Cochlear Implant Surgery||49. Poliomyelitis*|
|24. Heart Valve Surgery||50. Loss of Independent Existence*|
|25. Loss of Speech*||51. Fulminant Viral Hepatitis|
What We Like About The Plan
- Receive coverage up to age 99.
- Premium rates remain the same throughout the policy term.
- Premium term and coverage is very flexible.
- Claim up to 6 times for different medical conditions covered under Special Benefit.
- Special Benefit (18 conditions)
- Additional payout of 20% capped at $25,000 of the Critical Illness Benefit sum assured for selected medical conditions without compromising the Critical Illness Benefit or Death Benefit.
What We Don’t Like About The Plan
- Low Death Benefit of $5,000
How Aviva MyEarly Critical Illness Works
Aviva MyEarly Critical Illness is suitable for you if you would like:
- High Payout that covers Critical Illness of all stages including Early to intermediate to advance stage for a low premium.
- Standalone Critical Illness plans that cover for a specific period of time, increasing the coverage protecting your prime working age when you need it the most.
It would however be less suitable if:
- You are looking for a high death protection cover.
- You are looking for limited pay premium term and coverage for life.
- You are looking for multiple payouts for critical illness of all stages.
- You would like cash value in a protection plan.
- You are looking for a long term whole life insurance.
Conclusion For Aviva MyEarly Critical Illness
As with all insurance plans, the suitability of this plan for you will largely depend on your needs and expectations. If your concern is on a stand alone critical illness plan with no frills and competitive premium with a good insurer, this is the plan for you.
Alternatively, to find the most suitable coverage, simply fill in the form below and our friendly licensed FA advisor will get in touch with you. Based on your needs, a custom made solution will be adjusted only addressing your concerns.
No obligations, no hidden fees. All advice are of no charges.