In recent years, Tokio Marine has begun to shift their focus in non-participating policies, making their non-par term plans very competitive. The TM EarlyCover is a stand-alone critical illness plan that covers for CIs from early to intermediate to advance stage and has a relatively higher death payout when compared to other insurers that are competitive in this arena.
Let’s have a look:
Product Features and Benefits at a Glance
- Regular premium plan with no cash value
- Total of 119 medical conditions/procedures
- 99 CI from early to intermediate to advance stage
- 10 Special Conditions
- 10 Juvenile Conditions
- Premium waiver upon Eearly/Intermediate Stage CI
List of Critical Illnesses
|No.||List of Critical Illnesses||Early
|1.||Alzheimer’s Disease / Severe Dementia||√||√||√|
|5.||Benign Brain Tumour||√||√||√|
|6.||Blindness (Loss of Sight)||√||√||√|
|8.||Coronary Artery By-Pass Surgery||√||√||√|
|9.||Deafness (Loss of Hearing)||√||√||√|
|10.||End Stage Liver Failure||√||√||√|
|11.||End Stage Lung Disease||√||√||√|
|13.||Heart Attack of Specified Severity||√||√||√|
|14.||Heart Valve Surgery||√||√||√|
|15.||HIV due to Blood Transfusion and Occupationally Acquired HIV||√||√||√|
|17.||Loss of Independent Existence||N.A.||√||√|
|18.||Loss of Speech||√||√||√|
|21.||Major Head Trauma||√||√||√|
|22.||Major Organ/Bone Marrow Transplantation||√||√||√|
|23.||Motor Neurone Disease||√||√||√|
|26.||Other Serious Coronary Artery Disease||√||√||√|
|27.||Paralysis (Loss of Use of limbs)||√||√||√|
|30.||Primary Pulmonary Hypertension||√||√||√|
|33.||Surgery to Aorta||√||√||√|
|34.||Systemic Lupus Erythematosus with Lupus Nephritis||√||N.A.||√|
|Total Number of Conditions Covered||32||31||36|
10 Special Conditions covered
|1||Angioplasty and Other Invasive Treatment for Coronary Artery||6||Osteoporosis|
|2||Breast Reconstructive Surgery following a Mastectomy||7||Pheochromocytoma|
|3||Crohn’s Disease||8||Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis|
|4||Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever||9||Ulcerative Colitis|
|5||Diabetic Complications||10||Wilson’s Disease|
10 Juvenile Conditions covered
|2||Glomerulonephritis with Nephrotic Syndrome||7||Rheumatic Fever with Valvular Impairment|
|3||Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus||8||Severe Haemophilia|
|4||Kawasaki Disease||9||Severe Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis|
|5||Osteogenesis Imperfecta||10||Type I Juvenile Spinal Amyotrophy|
How Tokio Marine’s EarlyCover Works
Riders Available to Enhance Your Coverage
- Payer Benefit Rider
- Enhanced Payer Benefit Rider
- Spouse Rider
- Enhanced Spouse Rider
What We Like About The Plan
- One of the most competitive premiums in the market today.
- High Sum Assured for Early Stage Critical Illness – Up to S$350,000 Single Payout .
- Waiver of future premiums upon early or intermediate stage of critical illness.
- High death benefit of $20, 000. One of the (if not the highest) in the market.
What We Don’t Like About The Plan
- Very limited – TM EarlyCover offers only 3 policy terms: Up to age 70, 75 or 85
Tokio Marine Early Cover is suitable for you if you would like:
- High Payout that covers Critical Illness of all stages including Early to intermediate to advance stage for a low premium.
- Standalone Critical Illness plans that cover for a specific period of time, increasing the coverage protecting your prime working age when you need it the most.
It would however be less suitable if:
- You are looking for a high death protection cover.
- You are looking for limited pay premium term and coverage for life.
- You are looking for multiple payouts for critical illness of all stages.
- You would like cash value in a protection plan.
- You are looking for a long term whole life insurance.
Conclusion for Tokio Marine Early Cover Review
Tokio Marine’s standalone single payout critical illness plan is no doubt one of the most competitive in the market, in terms of premiums and coverage. The only inflexibility is the coverage period is limited to 70, 75 or 85 years old, there is no in between. If your concern is on a stand alone critical illness plan with no frills and competitive premium with a good insurer, this is the plan for you.
Alternatively, to find the most suitable coverage, simply fill in the form below and our friendly licensed FA advisor will get in touch with you. Based on your needs, a custom made solution will be adjusted only addressing your concerns.
No obligations, no hidden fees. All advice are of no charges.