Get $250, 000 Early Critical Illness until Age 85 from just $11.64/ day*.
Guaranteed extra 50% coverage for Whole Life, including Early Stage CI
* Get 20% Cashback on First Annual Premium
* premium is based on age 35 male non smoker on a 25 years whole life policy.
Singaporeans may be living longer but are living in poor health. While there is a higher chance of survival with the advancement in medication and medical technology, being financially prepared and protected is still the most important.
Is Your Whole Life Coverage..
Adequate for Early Critical Illness coverage?
Having Multiplier Additional Benefits until a long 85 years old ?
Retaining 50% Multiplier Additional Benefits (including Early CI)?
Covering for spouse Early CI to Death waiver for 3rd party?
Covering a wide range of Critical Illnesses?
Do you want to have a whole life coverage with a short premium term (15, 20, 25 years) so you can stop worrying for premiums when you stop working at retirement age?
Do you want the best of both worlds on having coverage and have cash value to rely on upon retirement age?
Are you concerned that Early to Advance Critical Illness may occur at a later stage in life?
Want to find out more about how Limited Pay Whole Life Insurance is more value for money?
Here's what our clients say..
I am thankful to the Tree of Wealth team and the knowledgeable (as well as very professional) advice and guidance our advisor has gone through with us. He is very understanding and most importantly, not pushy. After taking the time (coming all the way to our residences) finding out our concerns & understanding our current situation, he came up with the comparisons turning all the jargons and overwhelming information into simple, short and sweet on point briefs, which we are very impressed. We found his advice to be logical and not over selling and are very glad with the portfolio he has prepared for my family and I.
My friend referred me to Tree Of Wealth and my financial advisor is not only professional, but very knowledgeable in whole life, term insurance coverage & critical illnesses across virtually all the insurers. He took the time to understand our concerns and made sure our concerns are met. The advice and portfolio planning he planned for my family and I makes sense and suited our financial needs and concerns.
We definitely trust his advice and believe that under his care, my family and I are adequately covered. Highly recommended!
We engaged Tree Of Wealth to assist us in our insurance plans. The financial advisor left a good impression by being very prompt and knowledgeable. What impresses me is that he is very concise with his advices, detailed comparisons and is able to answer all our queries, something that we seldom come across with advisors taking the time and being patience to explain to us.
Coupled with that, the information here on the site also helped me analyse my options and made the right financial decisions.
We compare over 15 Life insurers to get you the best life insurance plan best suited to your budget & concerns
- Don’t want the hassle of going through loads of comparison & insurance jargons to find the best Whole Life plans according to your concerns and budget?
- Are not sure which whole life insurance suits you the best?
- Need a Professional to show you a wide range of the most competitive insurance plans?
Benefits at a Glance
- Guaranteed extra 50% coverage for Whole Life, including Death, Total Permanent Disability & Early To Late Stage Critical Illness
- Competitive Premiums with one of the longest Multiplier Guaranteed Benefits (Up to age 85 & Whole Life) and huge range of CIs covered
- Wide Range of Critical Illnesse Coverage (at least 161 Conditions)
- Premium Waiver riders for Payer & Payer’s Spouse, waives premiums off including Early CI. Very useful for parents to include.
- Good Cash Value from yield & bonuses
- Partial withdrawal/surrender available
- Strong & stable Insurer, up to more than 80 years in Singapore
Shorter Premium Terms
A limited premium term for a lifetime of coverage.
From just $11.64/ day*.
Best of Three Worlds
High Coverage, Competitive Premiums & Adequate Cash Value to rely on upon retirement age.
Income & Liability Protection
Early to Advance CI coverage protects your income. Death & Total Disability protects your liabilities.
Our Trusted Whole Life Plan Providers
Singlife w/ Aviva
Get the Best Whole Life Insurance Plan in Singapore
Frequently Asked Questions
- Whole Life Insurance coverage plans have come a very long way. What used to be just Death, Terminal Illness and Total Permanent Disability coverage has now seen a wide variety of range of supplementary benefits to make the Whole Life Insurance an even more comprehensive coverage:
- Early Stage Critical Illness (Single Payout)
- Advance Stage Critical Illness (Single Payout)
- Multiple Pay Critical Illness
- Early to Advance – some insurers even have the feature to convert them into stand-alone Critical Illness plans
- Multiplier feature
- This feature allows you to multiply the Sum Assured (2 – 10 times) to a few times more than the original amount. You are essentially covered more for a lower price. Most insurers have this feature until age 70 with some exception Insurers until age 86 or even whole life.
- Critical Illness Premium Waiver
- Waives off premiums in the event of such CI diagnosis
- Total and Permanent Disability (TPD)
- Payor Premium Waiver for Child
- A form of premium protection, in the event of payor’s death or diagnosis upon Early Stage CI, premium for your child’s Whole Life plan will be waived off
Imagine you are looking at a coverage of $250, 000 for Death, TPD and Early Stage CI coverage. Anyone of those occurring and you would like a payout of $250, 000. However a high sum assured like that is going to be expensive. Thus, you can work around a few permutations, for example:
A sum assured of $50, 000 with 5 times multiplier ($250, 000) and a sum assured of $125, 000 with 2 times multiplier. Both provides $250, 000 of coverage until age 70 (most insurers at age 70, with certain insurers until age 86 or even life).
That being said, after the age of 70 (or when the multiplier ends), the payout will be basic sum assured ($50, 000 or $125, 000 in this case) and yield it garnered throughout the years.
So why would someone choose a lower Sum Assured and a higher Multiplier benefit? The main difference is that the one with $50, 000 sum assured is going to be cheaper than the sum assured of $125, 000, as the cash value is going to be higher for the $125, 000 one and the premium calculation is based on sum assured.
There is however, an insurer with the ability to extend the multiplier for life. Find out more here.
It ranges from Single Premium (1 time) to 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years. Certain Insurers allow you to pay up to age 99. This may make sense for people whom are advance in age. Mode of premiums are monthly, quarterly, half-annually and annually.
Depending on certain Insurers, they have a feature where you have the choice to convert their whole life plan into an annuity retirement plan. It allows you to enjoy a stable stream of income at a chosen stipulated age while at the same time not terminating the policy, with a reduced sum assured.
This is suitable when you find that the sum assured for death/CI coverage is not as concerning when your life commitments have been completed or dependants are now financially sustainable on their own now.
The Cash Value of a Whole Life Insurance policy is a pool of money that grows within it. Insurers will allocate some of the premiums that you pay into their underlying investment which can be assets and/or funds portfolios. This is managed by a fund manager either by the insurer or appointed. Having a Cash Value in a whole life plan is what makes the premium so much more expensive as compared to a term insurance.
Some believe that the cash value is not as attractive as having their own endowment or investment wealth growth instruments, leading a school of thought that is termed as “Buy Term Invest the Rest” (BTIR), where using the similar premium, you save on focusing life and critical illness with term insurance and growing your own wealth with investments/endowment.
Participating whole life insurance refers to the plan is being invested in Insurers’ participating fund. By doing so, Insurers share the profit of the returns of the investment also known as bonus, paid yearly, via the smoothing process:
Smoothing policy: Insurers generally try to avoid large fluctuations in the non-guaranteed bonuses from year to year by smoothing bonuses over time. For example, insurers may hold back some bonuses in the years when the fund has performed well. This is so that bonuses can be maintained when the fund performs poorly. (https://www.moneysense.gov.sg/articles/2018/10/participating-versus-non-participating-policies)
Once the bonus is declared, they are guaranteed and accumulated throughout the whole term. In a Whole Life Insurance, it can be accumulated for life, or age 99 which are some Insurers’ definition of whole life is.
To differentiate between participating and non-participating policies, have a look at the Policy Illustration and you will see under the Surrender Value (Cash Value upon surrendering) table, there is a Guaranteed and Non-Guaranteed portion, with 2 standard projections of 3.25% and 4. 75%. As insurers cannot guarantee market trends, as well as past performances are not an indicator of future outcomes, the closest thing is to show accurate reasonable projections like the 2 projections stated above.
Term Insurance on the other hand, is one common Non-Participating policy that has a definite payout amount under the specific coverage (Death, Early Stage CI, MultiPay CI etc) and does not participate in the profit of the participating fund and underlying assets.
WHY CHOOSE US?
As getting protection coverages are a lifelong commitment, providing unbiased advisory is our main objective to make sure you are getting the best coverage available, not losing out on insurer’s stability & soundly advised.
Be educated on your needs & concerns
Since 2015 till date, we have helped more than 30, 000 individuals make informed financial protection decisions including critical illness, life coverage, savings, retirement, healthcare coverage and investment.
Getting in touch is only a click away. There is no obligation to buy nor hard selling from the panel of Financial Advisors that we work with.