Last Updated on by Tree of Wealth
With the rebranding of Aviva, it is now know as Singlife with Aviva.
Replacing the MyCoreCI Plan (withdrawn on 22nd June 2020), The Aviva MyCoreCI Plan II is a standalone Critical Illness term insurance that covers Death, Terminal Illness, 14 Critical Illnesses, Total and Permanent Disability, and 4 Diabetic Conditions during the protection term.
It is a term insurance that covers even with existing health conditions of High sugar Type 2 Diabetes, Pre-diabetes and the 3 Highs of High blood pressure, High cholesterol and High Body Mass Index (Obesity):
- High Sugar (Diabetes Type 2)
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood (Hypertension)
- High BMI (Obese)
There is also a reduced health checklist with only 6 questions and no medical check up needed (provided all conditions are up to date and does not require further medical underwriting), along with coverage for Type 2 Diabetic Smokers.
There is also an increase in the number of Critical Illnesses (CI) from 11 to 14 CIs. The three new CIs are:
- Deafness (Irreversible Loss of Hearing)
- Major Head Trauma
- Severe Bacterial Meningitis
Product Features and Benefits at a Glance
|Aviva MyCoreCI II|
|Coverage term||Minimum of 15 years term, maximum age 85|
|Total Covered Critical Illnesses||14 conditions
Heart Attack of Specified Severity
Blindness (Loss of Sight)
Coronary Artery By-pass Surgery
End Stage Kidney Failure
Other Serious Coronary Artery Disease
End Stage Lung Disease
Irreversible Loss of Speech
Deafness (Irreversible Loss of Hearing) *New*
Major Head Trauma *New*
Severe Bacterial Meningitis *New*
Angioplasty & Other Invasive Treatment For Coronary Artery
|No Claim Payout||20% of total premium paid after end of policy term|
|Diabetic Conditions Covered||Coma due to Hyperosmolar HyperglycemicState (HHS)
Limb Amputation due to Diabetic Complications
20% of Sum Assured up to 25,000 Upon diagnosis of any of the 4 Diabetic Conditions covered
|Special Conditions Covered||N/A|
|Death/ Disability Coverage||Full sum assured|
|Entry Age||Age 25 Next Birthday|
|Last Entry Age||Age 65 Next Birthday|
|Coverage for Smokers||Yes|
|Diabetic Diagnosis Below Age 25||Not covered|
|Type 1 Patient||Not covered|
|Premium Loading||Premium varies depending on sugar level, high blood level , BMI, cholesterol and Triglycerides Level|
|Max Sum Assured||500,000|
You may be interested: Best Diabetes Insurance Plans Singapore
Interested to learn more?
Fill in the form below and we will get back to you!
How Singlife with Aviva MyCoreCI Plan II Works
Singlife with Aviva MyCoreCI Plan II is suitable if you:
- Are diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, Pre-diabetes, High Body Mass Index (BMI) Obesity, High Cholesterol and/or High blood pressure
- Coverage for Death, Terminal Illness, Total and Permanent Disability (TPD), Critical Illness and Diabetic Conditions
- Want to be covered for Diabetic Related Conditions and Complications (suitable for people without Diabetes/Obesity & High blood pressure as well)
It would however be less suitable if:
- You are looking for limited pay premium term and coverage for life.
- You would like cash value in a protection plan.
- You want to include Critical Illnesses of all stages coverage from Early to Advance Stage.
- A Wealth Growth Endowment plan
- Single premium, One-Time Premium Term
- Cash Payouts regularly
Conclusion for Singlife with Aviva’s MyCoreCI Plan II
Singlife with Aviva’s MyCoreCI Plan II is a plan that primarily covers for people with pre existing diabetic (smokers included), high blood, high cholesterol and obesity conditions.
To find the most suitable coverage, simply fill in the form below and our friendly licensed FA advisor will get in touch with you. Based on your needs, a custom made solution will be adjusted only addressing your concerns.
No obligations, no hidden fees. All advice are of no charges.